We are delighted to be in the position to tell you that Time Out Club will be reopening its doors to children on the 5th October. We are, however, adjusting to a very different environment with stringent rules on how to run our club and ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children, staff and families we care for.
We have been closed since March 2020 due the Corona Virus outbreak. The last six month have been an enormously testing time for Time Out Club and had it not been for the Government furlough scheme Time Out would have had to permanently close. We are relieved that we can re-employ our staff and begin building Time Out Club back up again.
For those of you who may not know Time Out is a charitable, not-for-profit organisation. The guidelines that we must follow mean using multiple spaces and additional members of staff, all in a time where demand is lower because people continue to work from home. Time Out club is by no means “financially secure” because it can reopen. In fact, we will be operating at a loss.
We understand that with the new “rule of 6” restrictions, Grandparents may no longer be able to help with childcare. The children can no longer go to play in large groups in one house. In addition, the Government is again actively encouraging people to continue to work from home, which is not easy with small children around. We want to be here to help, but we will need your help along the way.
The Trustees of Time Out have agreed on the following short-term measures to help the club through Covid-19. These measures will be continually reviewed:
- The fee for breakfast club – 7.30am until 8.30am – will be £6.50
- The fee for Afterschool club will be £6.50 per session (Session One 3.15pm – 4.15pm and Session Two 4.15 – 5.30pm)
- Cancellations, for anything other than Cov-19, will no longer be refunded.
- Sibling discounts will be suspended temporarily.
- We will extend the second afterschool club session until 5.30pm.
- We will close at 5.30pm on Monday-Thursday. No tea will be served but snacks and drinks will be provided.
- There will be no afterschool club on a Friday.
We hope you both understand our rationale and that you will endeavour to support us, so that we can continue to support you and provide care services for the children of Manland Primary school.
The Time Out Club Staff and Trustees.